The Montana Years: 1886-1941
|◀ Cascade County Courthouse, completed in 1903. This three-story, English Revival building was completed by Lease and Richards for $250,000 and is still in use today in Great Falls, Montana.
N.T. Lease formalized N.T. Lease, Contractor Builder. He was also the mayor of Great Falls, Montana in 1913. ▶
Claw hammer, engraved with the initials "L.L." for Lease and Leigland, used in the late 1800s.
|◀ This original membership card from 1893 for Local Union No. 286 belonged to N.T. Lease, a charter member. Dues went up that year from 50 cents/month to 75 cents/month.|
|The Teton County Courthouse was built in 1905 by Lease and Richards. This impressive three-story, native stone structure, stands in the middle of Main Avenue, Choteau, Montana. The original tower and two central wings characterize this historic courthouse. ▶||
Scale of Wages chart from 1918. Bricklayers earned $8/week.